From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 02:04:56 EDT
Dear Bee Listers:

   The Pollination Page, your source of pollination info and images, has
gotten so huge that I get lost there myself. Never fear. There is a search
engine at the bottom of the index page, where you can search the page, or the
entire Internet. If you want to know if there is anything about "feral
honeybees," for example, indicate this in the search box, click The
Pollination Home Page, and Enter.  You'll find that there is a special
section on that subject. Included is a brand new pictorial on transferring a
feral colony from a cabin wall into a hive, along with a careful visual
inspection of its health and parasite load.  For just this time, I'll
shortcut the process and give you the URL:
http://pollinator.com/feral/feral_examination1.htm

   Taking shape is a brand new photographic plant/pollinator database at:
http://pollinator.com/plant_pol/databaseindex.htm  This'll probably take the
next twenty years of my life....

    If you are careful and skillful with a camera, you may wish to contribute
to this database. You'll find details at:
http://pollinator.com/plant_pol/contribute.htm     Dan Mushrush has already
contributed some awesome photos for a section on the New England Aster:
http://pollinator.com/plant_pol/contributed/aster_novae_angliae.htm

    There is an expansion into themes on other beneficial insects, not only
pollinators. You can find links to more info here:
http://pollinator.com/beneficial.htm

    In the Gallery, there's a bunch of new photos, including such theme
pictorials as: "It's Dangerous to Be a Pollinator."
http://pollinator.com/gallery/dangerous.htm
The all-time favorite place for visitors seems to be: "What's Buzzin' in My
Garden?" a visual help to identify bees, bee mimics and other buzzin' insects
around home: http://pollinator.com/identify/whatsbuzzin.htm    Show that to
the folks who can't tell a bee from a yellow jacket.

    Have you ever seen a wheelbug? -Exotic but more common than you may
realize. Here's one closeup in the Gallery.  You also can meet a dragonfly
eyeball-to-compound eye in fascinating and beautiful detail.

    All photos with my copyright on them are free of charge for nonprofit,
educational use, so if you have a bee presentation at your local school or
garden club, check here for help.  Conditions of use are at:
http://pollinator.com/use_photos.htm

   Of course, there is still the worldwide list of beekeepers who do
pollination service. Listing is free and there have been a number of new ones
added lately. Please check your current listing for accuracy and update if
needed. There is also a bulletin board for buying and selling bees and
equipment, also free. Some old ads will soon be removed, so check if you have
posted, and be sure to update.

   So far, everything is pretty much a free service. But if you have any
extra funds wearing a hole in your pocket, contributions are always welcome.
I have hopes someday of at least making the page self-supporting, but I'm not
much of a businessman.  I guess I'm having too much fun.

Dave Green, AKA "Pollinator,"  AKA "The Pumpkin Patch Pimp"    SC  USA
The Pollination Home Page:  Pollination info and images:
http://pollinator.com