From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:07:56 -0400
"From the Gussow's of Tucson,Arizona - Don't worry it's a dry heat!"
wrote:

> >Bill Truesdell
> >Wrote:
> >"You do not need to wear a lab coat to practice science. Anyone on this
> >list can do so, without a grant. But you do need to follow the protocols

>         Do you really expect to get away with that statement Bill. The
> Lusby's don't expect from people who try 4.9 foundation to do nothing more
> than allow the cells that there bees make what they want to.

I appreciate your strong arguments, but the statement stands. There have
been many forward thinking people who championed a new idea and were
hounded by the establishment. History is full of them. The ones who
stuck with it were vindicated and are now honored.

However, there were many more that thought they were just as right but
were wrong. Cold fusion comes to mind. But most were forgotten because
the idea they proposed did not work.

If you read what I posted you will see that I agree there is something
in using 4.9- actually any cell size 5.0 or below. Barry and others are
testing it. Some in my own area are going to try it next year.

I have no issue with the Lusbys. I have no idea why the lab is not
testing 4.9. My point is you do not need the lab, as Barry and others
are showing. If the trials are valid, there is no doubt in my mind that
a majority of beekeepers will shift to the smaller foundation. But if
Barry and others cannot duplicate it, then that will be the end of it as
a major varroa control.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME