HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 22:25:14 -0700

>Southwestern Archaeology, Inc. (SWA)
>" Got CALICHE ? " Newsletter
>Archaeology, Anthropology, and History of the Greater Southwest!
>
>Monday September 9, 2002
>NEVADA
>
>http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2002/09/08/23296.php?sp1=rgj&sp2=News&sp3=Local+News
>Two 72-year-old houses in southwest Reno have been placed on the National
>Register of Historic Places. The houses, were cited as excellent examples
>of Period Revival architecture that was popular at the time.

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2002/09/07/23293.php
Military Boxcar awaits Restoration

>GREATER SOUTHWEST
>
>Editor's Note:
>The SWA 2002 fundraising effor began in May and ends September 30. To date,
>we have raised $5643, and that leaves us short of our $8k goal. Several
>pledges or hints of pledges haven't materialized (perhaps the process is
>slow). Southwestern Archaeology Inc. relies on you to meet the expense
>of our community integrating efforts. Donations are tax-deductible. We
>appreciate your donation to help us meet the fundraising goal for 2002.
>Please send your contribution to the address noted at the end of this
>newsletter.
>Thank you!
>Contact the Newsletter Editor:

>www.swanet.org (url)
>
>Post letter mail and other media to:
>
>Southwestern Archaeology, Inc.,
>P.O. Box 61203 Phoenix AZ, USA 85082-1203.
>
>SWA invites you to redistribute SWA's "Got CALICHE?" Newsletter. We also
>request your timely news articles, organizational activities and events,
>technical and scientific writings, and opinion pieces, to be shared with
>our digital community.
>
>SWA's daily newsletter deals with quotidian issues such as commerce,
>administration,
>time and space, material culture, and anthropology. Our electronic potlatch
>and digital totemic increase rites focus and multiply historic preservation
>activities in the Greater Southwest.
>
>Southwestern Archaeology, Inc. (SWA) - A 501(c)(3) customer-centric
>corporation
>dedicated to the ethnographic study of the scientific practices of the
>American Southwest and the Mexican Northwest. Our goal is to create and
>promote diverse micro-environments and open systems in which archaeologists
>can develop their talents and take the risks from which innovation and
>productivity arise.

Anita Cohen-Williams
Search Engine Guru/SEO
http://www.mysearchguru.com
"Connecting Your Site to the Web"
Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH & SPANBORD
ArchaeologyOnline Blog
http://archaeology.blogspot.com

MuseumGuru Blog
http://museumguru.blogspot.com