Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:50:59 -0700
That is what Cura did on his new CD, I think it was "Verismo." And in
my opinion...  it SUFFERED for it.  The recorded Vesti la giubba was a
dragged-out disaster!  On his earlier Puccini disc, he refrained from this
practice (it was conducted by Placido Domingo) and it sounded quite nice...
well enough for me to shell out full price just from sampling it in the
store because his voice is undoubtedly a marvel of depth and power...  but
his Verismo...  bleah!!  Singers...  please...  One or the other at a
time!!!

Albie