Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:16:01 +1100
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
In a recent post, I mentioned that the coupling of David Oistrakh's Brahms'
Violin Concerto (French National Radio/Klemperer) with Mozart's Sinfonia
Concertante for violin and viola had been re-released on a budget label.
It's the EMI Encore series which are retailing in this country for the
same price as Naxos.  The releases are almost all of well-known works (I
resisted the temptation to say R******* C****).  A few others in the series
I've encountered before are Lynn Harrell in Haydn Cello Concertos, and a
couple of CDs of Oistrakh in rather Romantic but enjoyable Mozart violin
concertos.  I have no idea whether they're available in North America.

Richard Pennycuick