Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:44:38 -0400
From:
Paula Bannerman <[log in to unmask]>
I don't know if I could ever "tap out"; my interests are too broad.
I've recently become alot more interested in Operatic works.  Once
I'm financially more able, I intend to do alittle research into what
performances I may want to add to my collection.  At this point I'm tending
towards compilations; such as Ben Hepner, Domingo, Bartolli and Bocelli.
I have to admit though, I picked up a recording of "The Young Domingo" to
Compare his vocals to that of Bartolli on the same pieces....I now admit
to understand both the similiarities, but more starkly the difference that
people refer to.  Domingo has a much stronger voice.  Bartolli is good, but
Domingo is superb ;-).  So my tastes are growing.

I have little "new" popular stuff.  I'm around 10 years older then you
though, so I've "been there done that".  If I had to pick a grunge artist,
I guess I'd have to favour the "original" grunge artist - ol' Neil Young
his self.  Occasionally someone stands out though in the popular music
scene, like Macy Gray.  Fantastic voice; deep, rich tones, excellent music
IMNSHO.  In the new music genre, I tend towards stuff like Leonard Cohen,
World music and Jazz.  My collection is somewhat eclectic though none the
less - if I do buy new music its soundtracks or compilation CD's...just to
flesh out the collection somewhat and/or for when friends come over who
prefer more modern faire<G>.

Paula Bannerman - [log in to unmask]
http://www.odyssey.on.ca/~pbannerman