HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"paul.courtney2" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
paul.courtney2
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:09:41 +0000
We just copied the Chinese who sent their 'rubbish' porcelain to the
barbarians in Europe. Talking of whcih Stoke on Trent museum is threatening
to combine its archaeology and local history depts replacing four posts with
one and reducing its ceramics dept curators from one to two. This threatens
Stoke's long role as a centre for understanding of English ceramics and
their role in the Industrial Revolution. Perhaps some rich American
foundation can offer to buy up the museum lock, stock and barrel and
transport it to the USA.Stoke can then have its virtual reality Ceramicon
museum that it has ploughed so much money into without yet having more than
an empty shell of a building,.

A morbidly depressed
paul courtney, Leicester, UK