From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:40:27 -0500
Laurence Sherwood wrote:

>The US radio program, Performance Today, aired an interview with John
>Tolanski of the BBC last night about Sir Malcolm Arnold.  Tolanski in
>turn included a brief interview with Sir Malcolm's wife.  ...

I recall that Mrs.  William Walton was also a charming woman brought
back from the Argentine.  She was a guest on public radio's Desert Island
Disks when that was still being broadcast.  I remember the cheerful way
she described (in an accent that had nothing Iberian about it) the way
the ladies she was introduced to upon her arrival in the UK contrived
(unsuccessfully, I believe) to cause her embarrassment by purported concern
about her hair style, her clothes, etc., and letting her know that all of
them had slept w/ her husband.

I'd almost think that it was Walton and not Arnold who was the subject
of the program described but why would Larry or John Tolanski make that
mistake?

Walter Meyer