From:
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:22:13 -0700
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>but Murphy's Law of Diminishing Returns has decreed that the filler on
>this is yet another version of the American Rhapsody.

You gotta admit, though, the situation is almost kinda funny...  methinks
there may be some conspiracy about!  Perhaps a behind-the-scenes push for
"On Top of Old Smokey" to be enshrined within the Received Canon/Standard
Repertoire?;-) (So sorry to drag this topic over into that other heated
and heavy thread, but I couldn't help myself!;-)

Albie