From:
Matthew Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:36:52 +1000
Young American conductor Michael Christie has been appointed musical
director of the recently formed Queensland Orchestra.  He takes up the
three year position in 2002.  This is good news for this orchestra as they
really have not had anybody as chief conductor/musical director for some
years now.  Hopefully he will be able to unite some of the factions within
the group and mould them into a single unit.  I have been a fan of his ever
since I had the opportunity to play under his direction during his first
visit to Australia in 1998.  I look forward to see what results he can
acheive.

Matty G