From:
Stirling Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 23:17:43 -0400
Denis Fodor wrote:

>...  Possibly also relevant is the very latest news that Barenboim will
>be conducting in Berlin two Ring cycles.  Top ticket price for the full
>cycle is well over $2,000.  Realistically, there's no need to question
>that these tickets will be sold out before Barenboim gets his next haricut.

If they are conducting in the old opera house, it is well worth it.  The
accoustics are wonderful, the stage mechanisms are marvelous, the view is
good, the orchestra is top notch, the singers are excellent, my time in
seeing two of the four operas of the Ring was well worth it.

And the tickets cost me a grand total of 180 DM or approximately 90 dollars
US at the then current exchange rate.  Sufficently inexpensive that an
anonymous donation seemed in order.

Stirling Newberry
http://www.mp3.com/ssn