From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 07:35:05 -0500
Karen Oland wrote:
> Bill,
> With this schedule, when do you treat for mites?

After I pull the fall honey, unless there are other indicators earlier.
(I open drone cells and check during the first extraction. Also will put
a oil covered paper under the mesh bottom and check mite drop.)

> Do you treat for nosema?

No. Use to because I thought the dysentary was nosema, but Tony showed
me (in a spring inspection many years ago) that it was not. So have not
had a problem since. Still have unused Fumidil-B in the freezer.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME