Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:19:14 -0500
george seferiadis writes:
>Again I say feeding sugar to bees will  weaken there immune system, and =
>there ability to come into spring strong and healthy Let me summarize =
>that enzymes are protein carriers  charged with vital energy factors, =
>just as your car battery consists of metal plates charged with =
>electrical energy.

George,
You have provided no evidence that any of these factors affect the
health of bees.  You may have worked with bees for many years and
have valuable opinions, but without evidence, they remain as such. I
worked in the queen raising business for ten years and fed tons of
sugar. Bees can live on it, grow on it, thrive on it -- if they have
access to natural pollen. It is much harder to find a decent pollen
substitute than it is to find a substitute for honey.

When you talk about the immune system, what is this based on? Do we
know that bees have an immune system? Immunity to what diseases? Does
feeding sugar cause foulbrood, for example? When you start talking
about  "vital energy factors" you lose a lot of people. What are
these?

--

Peter Borst
Ithaca, NY  USA