From:
george seferiadis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:19:45 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: george seferiadis
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 4:46 PM
Subject: Enzymes the life given properties of honey

Let me start in saying that process sugar is a dead food ,period.There is no life in it. With that saying I will try to explain why honey is the only food bees should feed on. Honey bees extract nectar from flowers, and carry the nectar  in a honey sac, wherein special enzymes break down . the complex sucrose into two simple sugars: fructose and glucose.This fluid is deposited in open cells. The enzymes that contribute to this is invertase, glucose oxidase,and amylase. One of the active principles of glucose oxidase is inhibine. This breaks down chemically to produce H2 O2 which is hydrogen peroxide a common household disinfectant ( which is almost identical with a mild antibiotic) .Inhibine is destroyed by light and heat ,thus it is very worthwhile to obtain honey extracted only by centrifugal force. Raw honey is noteworthy for having considerable plant enzyme called amylase. The amylase does not come from the bee but is a true plant enzyme, concentrated from the pollen of  flowers. Its origin was established when it was shown by Vansell that the optimal PH for activity was around 4 for plant amylase ,and 7 for bee amylase. If you wish to predigest a starchy food such as bread, spread some raw honey on it The moment the honey and bread come into contact, the honey enzyme starts predigestion, and if you let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before you eat it, there will be less work for salivary amylase. The amylase from raw honey readily converts starch into maltose sugar. Heating destroys the amylase which is richer in raw honey than in most other foods.
Again I say feeding sugar to bees will  weaken there immune system, and there ability to come into spring strong and healthy Let me summarize that enzymes are protein carriers  charged with vital energy factors, just as your car battery consists of metal plates charged with electrical energy.  george