From:
Sharon Labchuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:09:31 -0300
I clipped and marked my queens this year for the first time and did what I
could to reduce the swarming urge.  Nevertheless, one colony swarmed today
- with the swarm returning to the hive. After scanning the internet for
some solution to this dilema, I'm now entirely unsure of what to do.

I don't want any more colonies, and besides I have no extra equipment.
Assuming the old queen is lost on the ground, some sources say to kill all
queen cells but one and problem solved.  Others say the colony will swarm
with the first emerging queen - in which case it seems the colony would be
left queenless if all queen cells are killed but one.

Suggestions?

Sharon
Prince Edward Island