HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lisa Wouters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:02:08 +0200
Bob,

Yeah sure, everybody keeps 1945 newspapers handy just in case they need
to hide a radio with a swastika on it..

Don't you think you're pushing your disposition at not accepting things
for what they seem a bit far?

If anything newspapers stay in circulation for an exceptionally short
time - as people usually throw them away, if not they're usually kept
for a special reason, not for stashing away goods in a far future -, so
I think Ron is quite right in dating the concealment shortly after the
issue.