From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:40:09 -0400
I stumbled upon CSPAN2 on our cable TV this afternoon during a Senate
quorum call during consideration of the supplemental spending bill (S.
1077).  Nothing of interest to the general public goes on during a quorum
call, which is often a stalling or delaying device during which opposing
parties sometimes attempt to work out compromises, and so the there was
no sound broadcast from the Senate floor.

Instead we heard Mozart Piano Concertos:  first, his 22d in Eb, then his
27th in Bb.  I didn't catch the performers if they were announced.  But I'm
looking forward to more Senate quorum calls.

Walter Meyer