From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 06:58:20 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>A friend said he had ordered the new Alkan Symphonie CD by Hamelin from
>Amazon (UK), and I could not find a mention of it at Amazon USA.  By
>chance, I popped into the Tower website and was able to place an advance
>order for both the Hamelin and Anievas recordings.

I am guessing here but perhaps the policy Tower has in its store is
different from the policy at its Web Sites.  However, I have noticed that
Amazon does not seem to have any of the recent Phillips '50' recordings.
Since Tower has cut a deal with Universal, might Universal be putting the
squeeze on competitors (ie.  cuttting Amazon out of the picture?).  Just a
thought, maybe Amazon is just slow at getting new material posted to their
sites.

Steve M.