HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Hoover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 23:50:44 -0500
I am sure that everyone was impressed by the outstanding organization of the
Mobile meetings. I want everyone to recognize the outstanding contribution of
Bonnie Gums in organizing the post-conference tour of southeast Spanish
sites.  I never seriously expected that my suggestion would be taken
seriously. Instead, about 25 of us were treated to a five day tour of the
most important sites between Pensacola and St. Augustine, with nary a glitch.
Judy Bense, Bonnie McEwan, Rochelle Marrinan, Kathy
Deagan, and several folks at St. Augustine provided the latest in on-site
interpretation. Pat Griffin (who was raised here in San Luis Obispo) even
rose at an ungodly hour to tour us at Ft. Mantanzas at the end of the trip.
The tour included two British colleagues, several from California, and some
from Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, and Florida.  It was a
memorable experience for everyone. Thanks again to those who organized and
hosted it.  Next year: Plimouth Plantation?
Bob Hoover