HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Matthew Sterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:51:18 -0700
What exactly "IS ACTUALLY GOING ON HERE" Bob? What exactly is YOUR problem?

Because that's the way things appear to this long-standing, although
sometimes too quiet, member of SHA! How dare you sir! How dare you sit in
your small-minded world and impugn the character of people who have devoted
a significant part of their lives to the SHA! You may not like them
personally, you may have issues with how their offices dovetail into the
workings of the society, the SHA leadership, or the fact that work boots
don't really go with a coat and tie, but how dare you use this forum for
character attack!

You do raise some issues that SHA members should be aware of, albeit in a
generally obtuse manner (crypto-government? crypto-extension?? c'mon Bob!).
The general SHA membership needs to consider all sides of this argument to
make a considered and informed decision and you certainly would be the
perfect mouthpiece for the underrepresented! But to engage in blatent
character assassination and then sortof . . . kindof . . . veil it by
implying that "you're really friends so it's all ok" is just so bush league
that I am dumbfounded! (Is there something beyond dumbfounded? Becasuse if
there is, I'm actually there!)

But I return to my original question, "what is this actually about Bob?"
Please take a good, long look into your own soul and try to determine what
it is that makes you so embittered or angry that you have to resort to this
sort of character attack in this forum. Again, you may not agree with the
manner in which the society operates, but for God's sake sir, let's try
(however hard that may be for some) to address these issues in an
intelligent and constructive manner without resorting to this type of
plebean attack on character.

Among those life lessons you should have learned in Kindergarden Bob, If you
don't have anything nice (i.e., good, constructive, edifying) to say, maybe
you should keep your mouth shut!

(And if you're going to insult someone, at least have the courtesy to spell
their name right (Tef not Teff) so they are absolutely certain that it's
them that your insulting!)

Rarely indignant but this kind of thing makes my blood boil,

Matthew A. Sterner