HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
david galletti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:48:22 +0000
Quite right-
I was thinking primarily of the late 19th century British empire rather than
the states. Even though India for example had a substantial industrial base
prefabs were sent from abroad, or example a hotel in Dalhousie (Himachal
Pradesh) was sent in kit form from Belgium! Quite possibly Sears or Montgomery
Ward products could also be sent to India; certainly missionary societies
sometimes sent their missionaries complete with the equipment for erecting a
mission!

davey

>===== Original Message From HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]> =====
>Why would people in America want prefabricated buildings from Britain when
>they could select a nice house in a Sears or Montgomery Ward catalog and buy
>American?
>
>Ron May
>Legacy 106, Inc.

Totalise - the Users ISP