From:
Susan Grisanti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 19:14:00 -0600
You are a godsend with your wonderful attitude about the promotion of
classical music: I have many diehard rock music students, who eventually
get a burning desire to learn classical technique and music, simply
because I'm open to hear what they think about their favorite music,
sort of a 'share and share alike' attitude.  This works much better to
promote classical music than acting like a 'holier-than-thou' snob, which
unfortunately most 'purists' still do.  The great classical guitarist
Andres Segovia alienated thousands of potential classical music fans, when
he berated the Beatles' music as being substandard, for example.  Keep the
torch lit brightly!

Susan Grisanti:
http://www.susangrisanti.com
http://www.chordspeller.com