From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:07:03 -0400
Peter Wisse writes:

>The other day I heard another interesting arrangement of Die Kunst der
>Fuge, it was one for recorder quartet, played by the Amsterdam Loeki
>Stardust Quartet.  I don't know the label, though, the performance was
>really beautiful and not in the least monotonic, as one would expect
>from four recorders.

The label is Channel Classics and the catalog number is # 12698.  I agree
with Peter that the performance is interesting and lovely.  There is often
a haunting quality which recorders are very good at delivering.

I wouldn't recommend the ALSQ as one's only version of the Art of Fugue,
but I'm very glad to have it for those times when I want the AoF but don't
want the heaviness of Moroney, Gilbert, and a few others.

Don Satz