HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
david galletti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 01:08:48 +0100
Hi Folks

About a year ago I thin I asked on this list whether any work had been done on
British colonial presence in India- I got several VERY useful results, but as
I am not easily able to get to libraries and keep a track on what is happening
in this field I thought I would re-issue my plea and see if any furtehr work
has been carried out in the last year

Any general work on British colonial ventures in Africal or south/south-east
asia would be very valued

as a more general question why is British/colonial archaeology in (and I used
the phrase tentatively) 'white' colonies more advanced than
colonial/historical archaeology in Africa/Asia? Various obvious
social/socio-political/historical reasons spring to mind, but has any
historiographical work concerning this issue been done
waiting to here
d galletti
:)

Totalise - the Users ISP
To become a member and a shareholder
visit http://www.totalise.net

The Totalise Email system, probably the most flexible email system in the
world. To register for an account goto http://www.totalise.net