From:
Tim Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:00:05 -0400
Thanks Lloyd and Richard. I followed Lloyd's advice and went to a paint
store today. There is an added problem, that there is some old paint
already on the 8 frame electric extractor. The people inform me that
there's a sort of primer that I can use first, that should bond (to an
extent) the original paint, which is flaking in places, so I shouldn't have
to strip everything first. The manager feared that the epoxy paint would be
too "hot", and lift the previous coat; he's checking into now, and we have
an appointment tomorrow to see what he came up with.

When I disassembled the extractor just now, I saw in addition to some rust
and flakey paint, dried grease tucked away here and there, which also
wasn't helpfull.

I've got 80 hives on over 100 acres of lemons, and there's still lots of
nectar out there, so the advice is really helpfull.

Thanks one more time

Tim