From:
Al Lipscomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:24:59 -0700
On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 06:41:09PM -0400, Coleene E. Davidson wrote:
> Hi All,
> I received a call about one of my hives that swarmed this afternoon.  The
> hive was started from a package that was installed on April 20 this year.
> There was still room in the hive, both as foundation that had not been drawn
> as well as drawn comb.  I was under the impression-obviously the wrong
> impression-that new packages do not swarm.  Unfortunately the swarm was 50'
> up in a tree and had left before I got home from work.  The weather has been
> warm but rainy and the bees have been confined a lot over the past couple of
> weeks.
>
> Any insight into this?

Yes, something whent very wrong!

Not knowing where you are located I am at a bit of a handicap as to what to suggest.
Maybe some more information would help:

What sizes and how many boxes were the bees in?
What is your geographic location?
Did the bees swarm or leave? Are you sure? Why?
Were the bees being fed? What?
Which frames were not drawn?
How do you count empty space in the hive?

Once we have that I think there may be some good suggestions on what you can do
now. (George may have given some hints but we will see).

--

There is no doubt we need government in our lives. There is also no doubt
that we need salt in our diet. Watch out for too much of either one.
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net