HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Roman Grabolle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:14:22 +0200
Dear David,

sorry for answering so late, but I was on excavation.

> This kaolin pipe was found at the Johnson's Island
> Civil War depot in 11
> pieces.  I can't seem to find my reference books for
> pipes, thus am
> appealing to you all to see if anyone recognizes it.
>  thanks.  The url is
> below.
>
> http://www.heidelberg.edu/~dbush/fspipe.html

Couldn't it be a pipe from Europe (the Netherlands,
Germany)? Ask for example:

Dr. Martin Kügler M.A.
Bergstrasse 3
02826 Görlitz
Germany
Tel. 03581/401213 od. 01702345356
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

He had done a lot of research much about pipes - and
he does it still ;-) - and is one of the two
publishers of the only German-language magazine for
the study of pipes:

Knasterkopf
Fachzeitschrift für Tonpfeifen und historischen
Tabakgenuss
http://www.tonpfeifen.de/

Viele Gruesse aus Bamberg
Roman Grabolle