HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sarah Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:39:36 -0800
We recovered two rings recently, one of bone and one
of ivory, that I would describe as napkin rings.
However, the rings are intricately scored inside the
band.  Both are scored with fine lines on the
interior, and both have thicker incised concentric
lines on the exterior.  Off the top of my head, I
would say they were approx. 6 cm in diameter.  Napkin
rings?  Curtain rings?  Some other decorative item?
I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Sarah

Sarah Miller
Kentucky Archaeological Survey
1020 A Export Street, UK
Lexington, KY 40506

--- "Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>