HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barbara Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:10:37 -0800
Dear fellow hist-archers,

I would like to invite you to visit our website, launched this week in
conjuction with a new research and teaching laboratory program, the Market
Street Chinatown Archaeology Project:

http://www.stanford.edu/~cengel/SJCT/

The site will have weekly updates posted on the progress of the project,
and also has a discussion forum. We welcome your feedback and comments and
also invite you to post links to the site on your websites if appropriate.

From the field records from the Market Street Chinatown site, we can see
that many members of the archaeological community have worked on this site
or visited the site while excavation was in process in 1985. If you were
in any way involved in this project, and would be willing to share with us
your recollections of the project, please do contact us!

Please feel free to forward this email to any other appropriate lists or
parties,

All my best,
Barb Voss

Barbara L. Voss, Assistant Professor
Department of Cultural and Social Anthropology
Building 110, Room 112-T
Stanford University
Stanford, California 94305-2145
phone:  650-725-6884