HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kris Farmen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:00:43 -0800
Dear Histarchers:

A bit of clarification on my Alaska Aviation query:  Robert Stevens' books
on AK aviation were the first sources I checked; however, there have only
been two volumes published of what is to be a three volume set, and the
second volume only goes to 1930.  I'm pretty sure that this crash happened
in the 1931 or '32.  I searched through five books on Alaska Aviation, but
most of what's out there on the subject seems to be oriented toward
personal memoirs rather than factual recounting.

Checking the newspaper index was a good idea. . . in fact, I feel kinda
stupid for not thinking of it myself.

I'm still soliciting suggestions. . . many thanks to those who have
responded so far!

Kris Farmen
Northern Land Use Research, Inc.
Fairbanks, Alaska