HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Wm Liebeknecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 07:30:31 -0400
Mary

Hunter Research Inc. excavated two large bread ovens in Trenton, New Jersey
recently for the NJDOT.  The ovens were set into the banks of the Delaware
River and were part of a mid to 3rd quarter 18th century commercial property
(warehouses, stoneware kiln and fishery) all owned by William Richards 1760
to 1787.  The ovens were located side by side in the basement of a two story
building.  The ovens were fairly intact, only the front doors or openings
had been destroyed by a 1980s sewer line.  I'll send you a better
description of the dimensions on Monday when I get to the office.

Bill Liebeknecht
Principal Investigator
Hunter Research Inc.