HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 06:30:43 -0500
The standard on typefaces, anywhere, is Updyke's two volume Printing
Types, available in several editions.

Beyond that, there is a huge bibliography of typestyles in each
national literature. As for Dutch and English typestyles, good luck!
The two nations were very close in the early period, with Dutch
printers doing English books and vice versa.

--
         Ned Heite  ([log in to unmask])
*           LEST WE FORGET             *