HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 07:43:13 -0400
Elderly eccentric historian/archaeologist seeks sidekick/disciple to
do the heavy lifting.

My current helper is off to graduate school in a month or so, and I'm
looking for a replacement. The job involves all aspects of CRM
archaeology, from washing potsherds to GIS, to CAD, to artifact
description, etc.  Some artifact illustration is involved and I will
train.

So I'm looking for an individual to be my sidekick.

Qualifications:

Completed bachelor's degree in almost anything but theater or
business administration.

Competence in Macintosh OSX, GPS, and field recording techniques.
Committed Windows users need not apply.

Knowledge of Middle Atlantic region a plus. At least should be able
to pronounce Delaware place-names. The work site is located in
central Delaware, about an hour from the beach. The incumbent will be
made privy to a beach route that avoids all the traffic.

Repair and maintenance experience for Land Rover vehicles is a plus.
The staff car often needs repair or maintenance.

Intact frontal lobes are an asset.

The pay is $12.50 an hour, usually about 35 hour week. Our firm's
world headquarters is an old house, and bunk space is available. I'd
prefer someone fresh out of college or a newly-minted MA whose psyche
hasn't been permanently twisted by the CRM rat race.

--
***************************  Ned Heite  ([log in to unmask])

Words to live by:

"My personality