From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:11:15 -0500
Hi All.

My single hive came through the first 'real' winter we've had in ten years
strongly, with bees clustering across seven frames, and an examination of
floor debris showing very few mites. A couple of weeks ago the temperature
shot up to the mid-fifties, and the bees were bringing in large quantities
of pollen. After a week of mild weather I opened the hive, and found eggs
and brood under three days old over about four frames, and a single patch
of sealed brood the size of my palm. Since Saturday it's been snowing
again, on and off.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley