From:
Rob Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:34:57 -0500
Interesting discussions on photography.  To get the bees to stand still,
apparently you can freeze them, then pose them.  (I'm laughing at
this).  And you have several minutes before they thaw and come back to life.

Remember in photography class, I learned that that photograph of roasted
turkey was a raw bird, browned with a propane torch and then coated in
motor oil.

Now, let me say this... the photos I've seen from some of you are
great.  I'm the editor of the ISBA Journal, the newsletter of the Indiana
State Beekeepers Association (www.HoosierBuzz.com) and if you take a look
at the current issue (http://www.HoosierBuzz.com/document/0108.pdf) you'll
see I'm making use of several pictures.  The cover photo, the hand on the
frame, was taken with a cheapie digital... cost me about $150 a year ago.
the actual photo is also on the back cover.

Inside the journal is a photograph of a worker with a varroa mite on
her.  The photo is about 20 or 40x actual size and is still clear enough to
make everything out.  Amazing, considering it was shot on a 35mm slide,
then reshot using a slide adaptor on a digital camera for burning to a
CD.  Credit for the photo has to go to the State of Indiana, Chief Apiary
Inspector.

So, yes, I'm looking for photos... general bee photos, problem photos, hive
photos, frame photos, brood photos.  I'd love to publish your work in our
journal.  It's all volunteer but you can certainly have copies for your resume.

And if anyone wants to regularly receive the newsletter, you can sign up on
the webpage, www.HoosierBuzz.com

Rob Green
Webmaster, Editor
Indiana State Beekeepers Association