From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 23:09:51 -0400
Greetings Ladies and Gentleman,
     Hope all is going well with everyone.  Nectar is beginning to flow
here, but if we dont get some rain in eastern Missouri, the flow will be
weak and short lived.  I have a question for the list.  Around here, many
beekeepers have been having trouble with the postal service.  Lost bees,
lost queens, dead bees and queens, etc have been appearing more and more
this year.  Many beekeepers around here report problems with the postal
service.  One beekeeper's shipment of 40 or so queens sat in the airport
for over a week before he got them!  I was wondering if this is isolated to
this area (St. Louis), or if other people have noticed an increase in
problems as well.  We are contacting the postal service here with our
concerns.  Thanks for any help you can give.  Also, to alleviate congestion
on the list, feel free to contact my email.  Thanks!
Scott