From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 16:43:16 -0400
Hello All,
Last night I spent the evening with a fellow beekeeper going through
another beekeepers dead outs. We were going frame by frame looking for AFB.
The beekeeper the boxes belonged to had pulled every frame he thought could
possibly have a problem. He had been using hygenic queens.
Unlike the old days where AFB was clearly visible now we are finding only a
few cells per side and the bees have cleaned out everything but the scale.
None of the AFB is ropey but the scale with the paupal tounge is
unmistakable. Are others on the list seeing the simialr situation with
terramycin resistant AFB and using hygenic queens? These frames are going
to be disposed of but we are looking closely to try to understand the
problem. Thanks in advance.
Bob
Thinking looking for a few cells of AFB is like looking at chads on a
voting ballet.