From:
Tim Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 10:53:11 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< it is supposed to merge with the lab in Weslaco, TX.  The April issue of
Bee
 Culture has an article on the Weslaco lab.  First it is not an independent
 lab, but part of the "Beneficial Insects" group.  Also despite intense
 recruiting efforts, there are still two professional vacancies in the bee
 group at Weslaco.  Since all the Tucson scientists say they will not move to
 Weslaco, this means there be six vacancies (including the four positions
 transferring from Tucson.  Sounds like a sad stat of affairs! >>

Thanks for the update here.  Is there some sort of political thing here?  Why
is the Texas lab having trouble filling its two slots?  Besides the obvious,
they really like Tuscon-is there any other reason why the scientists from Az
do not wish to move to Texas?  Some of these questions may be too
personal/private and I'll understand if they don't get answered.  I think it
would be great to work in the bee labs-anywhere.  Wonder if they need a
chemist.

Thanks

TIM MORRIS