From:
Doris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:21:51 -0000
Any advance on this- My choice.

1. Overture Rius Blas.
2.  Concerto for the Left Hand Ravel
3. Symphonie Fantastique Berlioz

(Encore:Weber's Invitation to the Waltz.)

My real preference however is for the small recitals, as in Sophie Yates',
virginals and harpsichord in Deal Castle.  Lunchtime summer recitals I
attend with flute./piano, oboe/piano, cello/piano........anything from 12th
Century onwards.Esp.French flute music.

Last year, one young flautist's'recital "with piano " as 78s used to say,
promised modern plus Kalliwoda on the printed Programme, and I wished I
hadn't gone-too polite to walk out; he changed it to completely 20th
century and mostly an Australian composer, Graham Poulson (?) Trading
Standards, where were you?(:-)

Doris<><