From:
Robert Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 20:34:20 -0400
Regarding the "women conductor issue" I would like to mention the name
of our Music Director Susan Davenny Wyner.  IMHO one of today's great
conductors.  For the last two years since becoming Music Director of the
New England String Ensemble, Susan has received rave reviews in the Boston
Globe for every concert she has conducted.

The first concert I attended by NESE was Susan's first concert with them.
It was an incredible performance of the Shostakovich 14th Symphony.  This
performance was voted by the Globe as one of the top five performances in
the Boston area in the company of the Berlin Philharmonic and the BSO.  I
was completely knocked out!

Ned Rorem, Thea Musgrave, Harold Shapiro have praised Susan as having
conducted definitive performances of some of their most difficult works.

Robert Summers
Board Member
New England String Ensemble