Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:01:25 -0700
From:
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]>
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I should think most people buy their first recordings based upon something
>they heard, seeking either a recording of what they heard or a recording of
>something like it.  My first purchases were works I had not heard before
>but which I assumed would be something like works I'd previously heard.
>Later on listeners may purchase something they have only heard *of* even
>if it isn't necessarily similar to anything they'd previously heard.

Nevertheless, since what is most widely played is the standard rep/RC, it
still comes back to most CM listeners *starting out* with the RC or at
least RC-oriented material.  It's a cycle that's tough to escape.

Those with money to spend on random experiences, those with nearby
libraries maintaining vast CM holdings, and, either way, those simply with
a dogged determination to "know" but by an alternate route...  they are the
exception.

Albie