Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:10:40 -0000
From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]> said:

>The last 'Two New Hours,' CBC FM's Sunday night new CM show, closed with
>an octet for strings by US composer Steve Mackey (b.  1956).

I heard it too and was as impressed as Bert.  Its appeal is very different
from that of the Mendelssohn Octet, but perhaps equally strong.  Given the
choice of which one to listen to, I'd probably more often choose the Mackey
than the Mendelssohn, though I like both.

I too hope to hear more from this genial and accomplished composer.

Richard, who invites you to visit his classical music site at
http://opuspocus.ca/