Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:48:44 -0500
From:
James Tobin <[log in to unmask]>

>I know that he and Elgar are regarded as two of the best English composers
>of the century, but wide recognition seems to have escaped Delius.  Why do
>you think this is?

Maybe his day has passed, but I have early recollections of some of his
works being played frequently on the radio when I was young, and he is
still recorded and programmed.  The two parts of your statement here seem
to deny one another.  Personally, I have never found anything by Delius to
my taste.  Forgive me, but insipid is the term that tends to come to mind.
No doubt the fault is mine.

Jim