From:
Steven Belanger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:57:22 -0400
Hello!!!!  I need some help....

I am looking for the VIDEO of Stravinsky's "The Rake's Progess".  This is
the cinematic version directed by Inger Aby, starring Barbara Hendricks,
Greg Fedderly, Hakan Hagegard and Brian Asawa, with Esa-Pekka Salonen
conducting the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra and Radio Choir.  I'm not
exactly sure when it was released, but I know it was before 1995.  It was
released by NVC Arts (Warner Classics), catalogue number 3984-22352-3.

I have been looking for this video for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS.  It is
without a doubt my favourite opera of all time.  I've only seen this
cinematic version once, and that was on television a long, long time ago
(I'm positive it was well before 1995).  From what I remember, I couldn't
take my eyes off the TV the whole time it was playing.  Beautiful sets,
costumes, singing, and .....oh, the music!!!!  I had no idea this was
available on video until I found it at the Warner website:

   http://www.warner-classics.com/nvcarts/pr/opera/rakes.htm

Numerous attempts at locating a copy of this video have been fruitless.
I have gotten no response from Warner.  The only store in Montreal which
distributes Warner videos says that they have never had it in stock, and
never will.

Does anyone, ANYONE, know where I can find a copy? I realise this is a
_discussion_ forum and not an e-mail version of the want ads, but I am
DESPERATE!!!!!!!  Can anyone help? Please? PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Steven Belanger
e-mail: [log in to unmask]