From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:27:19 -0500
Don Satz:

>I don't listen much to radio of any type programming, but there's nothing
>which mandates that public radio must play classical music in order to
>serve the public well.

True enough.  However, it should provide programming not available
elsewhere in the commercial market.  News programs, believe it or not,
air on commercial stations.

>As for the "Car Talk" show that seems to be not loved by one and all, I
>think it's a scream and one of the few programs on either radio or t.v.
>that keeps me laughing.

I think it's a fine show.  I question why it has to be on public radio.
I mean, there *are* car programs on talk radio.  So why is this on public
radio, other than its creators want it there? Why give them precious time?

Steve Schwartz