From:
Krishan P Oberoi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 06:01:01 -0500
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>No, the RC is *not* good to hold up as the standard or "heart" of CM, but
>it still *is* the surface/shell that the total newcomer must crack to find
>his or her own "heart of CM."

I think there have been plenty of testimonies to the contrary.  Why can't
a newcomer go straight to Britten, Copland or Philip Glass without first
going through Mozart and Bach? I've known it to be the case with several
of my friends and I don't think they're such unusual people.

Krishan Oberoi
North Providence, RI  USA