From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:52:37 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>I may have to put away the M&B for now...  and lighten up a bit on the
>alt-rock before that sounds old too...

I think we all go through phases like this.  Personally I think this is
healthy.  That said, I have been rearranging my CDs and I realize that
the composers with the most shelf space are all big German guys Mahler,
Beethoven, Brahms and Bruckner.  That said, I can go for months not
listening to anything by these 4 composers and then I'll get on a kick
where I will listen to nothing but Beethoven for 2 weeks solid.  Other
composers that seem to have a big presence in Steve's collection include
Bach, Mendelssohn, Dvorak and Mozart.

Mahler has more shelf space than any other composer but right now I just
don't feel like listening to Mahler.  It will wear off soon enough, I'm
sure.

Steve