From:
Steve Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:22:00 -0400
I just watched a magnificent online performance of music by Frederick
Delius by the Welsh National Opera Orchestra and others (at
http://www.onlineclassics.com/Work.pasp?txtProductID=Delius&txtCatalog=olc)
and was struck by the range of his repertoire.  I know that he and Elgar
are regarded as two of the best English composers of the century, but wide
recognition seems to have escaped Delius.  Why do you think this is? Is
there too much focus on the latter years of his life, when he was battling
blindness and paralysis?

Steve