From:
Miguel Muelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 11:54:55 -0400
John Wiser at [log in to unmask] wrote:

>To limit the Holberg Suite piano discography to the last ten years will
>bring up recordings by Ivan Davis [Audiofon], Cyprien Katsaris [Teldec],
>somebody named Braaten [Victoria], and Einar Steen-Nokleberg [Naxos].
>A CD reissue of Knardahl's workmanlike recording is on Bis CD-110, and a
>reissue of Mourao's generally disesteemed Vox Box is out in a CD Vox Box.
>From direct experience, I can assert that Davis is effective with being
>particularly idiomatic, and Steen-Nokleberg's recording is one of a _very_
>small handful of Naxos CDs I can recommended enthusiastically and without
>reservation.

The plot thickens.  I was able to listen to one of the Lyric Pieces on
Amazon.com, played by Cyprien Katsaris, and by playing back to bak with the
mystery recording, I believe I may have found it...  But could not compare
the Holbergs.  It is out of print, and I have placed a search order -- wish
me luck.  I'm searching for:

Composer: Edvard Grieg
Title: Edward Grieg: Piano Works
Performer: Cyprien Katsaris, Heinrich J. Weritz
Wea/Atlantic/Teldec - #92147

If anyone aout there wants to sell or trade, please let me know!

Miguel Muelle
http://mmuelle.home.mindspring.com/