From:
Gretchen Ehrenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:19:49 -0000
I would like to thank the members of the list who recommended SIKORA's
on Hastings Street in Vancouver for me while I was on my stop over from
Germany.

The store is a treasure for those who are into Vinyl (L.P.s, not fetish).
In some ways it remind me of Tower Records in West Hollywood, well stocked,
helpful staff.  I used my U.S.  based account to make my purchases as the
Canadian vs.  US dollar make things a fairly decent bargain.  For the
average visitor, unless you spot something special, I would say he best
thing they offer is a unhurried place to shop sans Rock music blasting (as
at an average Tower Store).  So, unless you are in the area for other
reasons, I am not sure a "special" trip is worth it.

Parking and traffic in that area of Vancouver is difficult, especially as
they are in the midst of a transit strike.  I must say I did enjoyed my
visit there, discovering regrettably that Rod Sikora who founded the place
had passed on, leaving two former staff members who bought out the business
just prior to his death.

They are not computer savvy yet, but I strongly encouraged the gentlemen
running the shop to look into this avenue.  For those in the area, I would
say support them as a resource that should not be given up on.

Now, if anyone want to know where the best Dim Sum in North America can
be had, I found it in the city of Richmond, just down the road from
YVR(Vancouver Airport).  Ask me.

Gretchen Ehrenberg
Back in L.A.